The Performer 5 Star Saddle Pad is our full skirted pad, the back is slightly rounded to allow room for the horses hip. It is a great pad for Western Pleasure, Cutting, Reining, Ropers and is suited to a Large Western Saddle length of approx 29” long or less
5 Star Pads are made from ONLY the finest quality 100% Pure Wool, and therefore provide all the properties and qualities associated with all natural Wool.
The 5 Star Pads are breathable and remove heat away from your horse, while also drawing moisture/ sweat (wicking) away from your horses back, keeping them cooler and dryer under pad.
5 Star pads are proven to protect against saddle pressure points on your horses back and do not trap heat like other pads that are made with & contain synthetic materials.
The Performer is a popular choice amongst many Western Pleasure, Cutters and Reiners due to allowing for the extra size in the pad and is available in a range of thicknesses.
“Why use anything less than the best . . . . 100% Natural & Pure Wool”
Benefits of 5 Star Equine Saddle Pads
- All Natural 100% Virgin Wool Felt (Grade F-10)
- Contains NO synthetic materials
- Absorbs Moisture away from your horse
- Keeps your horse cooler & dryer under pad
- Eliminates Heat build up
- Soft & Durable, Easy to Clean
- Contoured backline – no “breaking in” required
- Each pad is handmade in the USA
- Wont over heat your horse under pad unlike synthetic pads
- 100% natural vegetable colour dye (no chemical dye used)
- Shapes & conforms to your horses backline & wither height
- Non Slip, so no over cinching is required
- Huge 200 psi Tensile Strength (other pads 75 psi or less)
- Huge 6 psi Compression Rating (other pads 2.0 psi or less)
- Even Weigh Distribution & Impact Absorption
- Proven to Reduced saddle pressure points & improve comfort
- 3X More Impact absorption Protection than Synthetic Neoprene Pads
- 4X Greater Wicking Ability – Cooling & Absorption
- More than 2000+ Hours of Maximum Riding Protection Item
- Compression Rating: 6.0 psi
- Manufactured: Handmade in the USA
- Tensile Strength: 200
- Contour: Horse
- Fibre Content: F10 Grade – 100% Virgin Wool Felt (No Synthetics)
5 Star’s 100% Wool Contoured Saddle Pads are handmade in the USA and made of the World’s Finest 100% Wool.
The All Natural 100% Wool Felt absorbs moisture and wicks it to drier areas, preventing heat build up.
Our Wool Contoured Saddle Pads are specially designed to fit the shape of your horse’s back. Its unique, two-piece construction eliminates spinal pressure and improves saddle fit – so no over-cinching is required!
5 Star’s Contoured Pad is the “ORIGINAL” Western Contour pad with a true French Curve backline and withers slope.
Special attention has been given to wither height, backline variance and hip placement which results in a great fitting pad that conforms to the shape of your horse.
5 Star are the “ONLY” pad on the market today that use a higher Grade of Wool – F10 (F-10 Felt is 100% Virgin Wool, others brands use lesser Grade Wool Felt being F-15, which are in fact Wool, Synthetic Materials and reworked / recycled wool blended, and are NOT 100% Pure Wool ).
“Made for work, built to last”
“Naturally, the best choice for your horse”
What is the right thickness for me??
The 1/2″ thickness 5 Star Pad is great for showing, reining, cutting or western pleasure horses when you still require protection, yet want to a colorful Show Blanket over the pad for show purposes. It also suits customized saddle fitting purposes where a thin pad may be required.
The 3/4″ thickness 5 Star Pad is excellent thickness to be used as an all-around pad for general daily exercise training & trial riding. It can also be used as an under show pad with a coloured blanket over top for Reiner’s or Western Pleasure horses. The 3/4″ thickness also works well under most fender saddles and is just a great all-around, all purpose thickness.
The 7/8″ thickness 5 Star Pad is the best choice when you’re looking for a performance pad to offer more protection and superior comfort for your horse when performing. This thickness is suited to Barrel Racing, Reining, Cutting and long days in the saddle when out mustering or long trail riding days. A great All- Around Performance pad offering your horse maximum impact absorption protection without being too thick and bulky under saddle.
The 1″ thickness 5 Star Pad is the best choice when you need to offer you horse that added and extra protection to protect your horses back and is suited for Roping, Ranch Work, Cutting and Pack horses where heavy loads are placed on the horses. This thickness will ensure that you horse is getting the maximum impact absorption protection & comfort while heavier loads or increased work loads are placed on horses backs.
“100% Wool Contoured Pads
The World’s Finest 100% Natural Wool Pad”
FREE Dry Cleaning Sponge with every pad
The Performer 5 Star Saddle Pad is a ideal specific for Longer Saddles.
It is a great pad for Western Pleasure, Reining, Roping & Cutting and is suited Large Skirted Saddles.